To have knowledge about the detectors used in charged particle and gamma-x-ray spectroscopy with the medical physics field.
Course Learning Outcomes:
The students will be familirize with nuclear instrumentation and/or radiation measurements.They will learn about components which are used in spectroscopy. In this course the operation principles of ionisation chambers, proportional counters, geiger muller counters, scintillation detector principles and PMTs/ photodiodes and semiconducter detectors.
- Ionization detectors.
- Proportional counters.
- Geiger-Mueller Detectors.
- Sintilation detectors.
- Semi conductor detectors.
- Count statistics and uncertainty estimations.
- General features of radiation detectors.
- Puls processing and shaping.
- Radiation spectroscopy at scintilators.
- Electronic components used in gamma counters.