To learn the basic programming with MATLAB; Fourier and other transforms given in imaging techniques course, convolution, filters, to practically emphasize the characterization and quality measurement topics; application of basic processing techniques on the images.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Develops MATLAB programs to implement desired analysis methods;calculates statistical parameters for images; characterizes systems and carries out quality konrol analysis using images.
- MATLAB introduction.
- Usage of bacis MATLAB functions.
- Writing script and function.
- Convolution and filters.
- System characterization on image and quality measurement methods.
- Modulation transfer function.
- Applied exam.
- Noise power spectra.
- Radon transformation.
- Inverse radon transformation.
- Image enhancement methods.
- Image superposition methods.
- Project presentations.