Understanding of the basic principles of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Understanding basic MR physics, the creation of the MR signal, selective impulse, spatial encoding, generating of the image with using Fourier Transform, RF pulse sequences, image contrast depends on the tissue relaxion properties and the factors affecting the image quality.
- Concept of magnetic resonance.
- Relaxation mechanisms.
- Magnetic field gradients.
- Signal record.
- K-space, spatial coding.
- Selective stimulation.
- Fourier transform, image formation.
- Basic RF pulse series in MRI.
- Image contrast depend on relaxation time.
- Signal loss and recovery.