Acquiring the required theoretical background knowledge towards being able to perform as well as analyse EPR measurements.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Theoretical knowledge of all physical aspects of Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR), retrospective dosimetry theory/types, materials suitable for EPR.
- Basic concepts of Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR)
- Quantization of angular momentum
- The interaction of electromagnetic radiation with magnetic dipole, magnetic moment/angular moment, spin-spin coupling
- Properties of spin systems: line thickness, intensity g-factor,characteristic dipole interactions signal stability
- EPR imaging system
- Magnetic interaction between the particles
- The effect of isotropic hyper-fine structure of EPR spectrA
- More than one unpaired electron systems (Spin Hamiltonien)
- Double resonance technique
- Sample preparation tecniques: Bone, enamel, geological sediments, sea shells and other carbonates, Examples of specific problem solutions