The capacity of this laboratory is limited to 20-25 people and taught the first half of the year 101516 Radiation Detection and Measurement Methods is to provide the practical application of the topics covered in the course.
Course Learning Outcomes:
This course provides experience and skills about radiation detection instruments to the students.They will gain usage of some devices such as gas filled detectors, scintillation counters, semi conductor detectors and other analog NIM modules.
- Beta radiation counting with organic antresan crystal.
- Geiger-Mueller Counter experiment.
- Single channel analyser and NaI(Tl) detector experiments.
- Multi channel analyser and NaI(Tl) detertor experiments.
- Proportional counter experiments.
- Semi conductor detector(CdZnTe) experiments.