The aim of the course is to define basic concepts in signals, systems, Fourier transforms and signal processing techniques and to provide background information for other signal and image processing courses.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Students will recognize continuous and discrete basic signals and systems; learn sense and applications of Fourier transforms for signals in different domain and properties
- Basic signals.
- Systems and system properties.
- Linear time constant systems.
- Convolution and convolution theorem.
- convolution applications.
- Fourier series for periodic signals at continuous time
- mid-term exam.
- Fourier series for aperiodic signals at continuous time.
- Fourier series for periodic signals at discrete time.
- Fourier series for aperiodic signals at discrete time.
- Properties of Fourier series and transformations.
- Filtration applications.